By Kristin Hull
As writers dedicated to helping moms look put-together without spending a lot of money, we’re always in search of sites that offer on trend items that are actually affordable. Makemechic.com is one of those sites. In fact, I purchased my favorite pair of ankle boots from them last year and get compliments on them all the time. In fact, we featured those boots in this post as well as one of their cute fedoras here. So, if we’re liking their offerings, from clothes to shoes to accessories to handbags, you just might too.
I always tell budget-conscious, style-seeking moms to shop in junior departments and junior stores because the inventory is current and inexpensive. While Make Me Chic isn’t exclusively junior, some of the clothing won’t be appropriate for most mamas but don’t let that scare you away or you’ll be missing out on some great items at fabulous prices.
As you can see in the photo above, we’ve found several mom-worthy, stylish pieces from every department. See below for details on why we think they’ll work for you this coming spring and summer.
You don’t have time to shop, so let us do it for you. That’s our job.
Oh, one more thing. Sign up for a subscription to their newsletter and get 10% off your order!
1. Strapless Stripe Maxi Dress, $31.60: What could be better on a dress than slimming, vertical stripes? You’ll look taller, leaner and uber-chic.
2. Bamboo Josalyn-11 Caged Ankle Strap Sandals, $23.80: This sleek, bright sandal will look fantastic with any neutral – brown, black, grey or white. Make them a focal point by keeping the rest of your outfit simple.
3. Wild Diva Tika-01a Two Tone Aztec Loafers, $16: Getting dressed in a hurry? No time to figure out a cute ensemble? Just throw on a pair of jeans and a solid-colored tee and let these fun flats add style.
4. Simple Plans Hi-Lo Tank Top, $22.60: Long, loose shirts are a moms best friend. Hide the tummy and the butt but still look stylish in this super-functional top.
5. Stone Spikes Chandelier Earrings, $5: Another way to add a pop of color to your ensemble is with some fun earrings. These are big enough to be seen but not so big that you’re going to look silly wearing them to a playdate.
6. Metal Tribal Necklace, $14.30: We recently wrote a “How to Wear: Tribal” post to help moms find a way to incorporate this trend into their wardrobe. One easy way is to accessorize with it. Pair this necklace with a simple outfit to really punch it up.
7. Oval Cat Eye Sunglasses, $10: Channel your inner Audrey Hepburn with these modern retro sunglasses.
8. Metallic Chevron Stacked Bangles, now $10, reg. $14.75: Whether you wear just one, or all of these bangles, you’ll be looking cool. The chevron (zig-zag) pattern is a big trend right now.
9. Two Tone Leatherette Shoulder Bag, $41: A pop of color will amp up an otherwise bland outfit. Lemon yellow is the perfect hue to show you’re ready for summer.
10. Sonny-02 Leopard D’orsay Flats, $20.40: Remember when I put D’orsay flats in my Mom’s Spring Shopping List post? Well, Make Me Chic’s classic animal print version will make the perfect summer staple.
11. Qupid Agency-186 Cuffed T Strap Sandals, now$20, reg. $23.70: Cute, functional and versatile, these sandals come in several colors and are unique enough to make a fashion statement.
12. Breckelle’s Vivian-33 Strappy Buckle Sandals, $24.80: We love pairing camel shoes with an all black outfit; try these with black shorts and a black top for a sophisticated look.
*Although this is a sponsored post, all opinions are our own. At The Mommy Stylist, we believe strongly in editorial integrity and therefore, will only feature products, sites or companies we believe will be beneficial to our readers.
(Did you like this article? If so, sign up for an email subscription to The Mommy Stylist – on the top right-hand side of the home page. You can also follow The Mommy Stylist on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.)